General Information Links
- www.nhs.uk - Excellent resourse for information on health promotion, treatments, illnesses, and hospital information
- www.patient.co.uk - Good resource for information on many medical conditions and medications as well as links to support groups.
Useful information leaflets
Cholesterol and cardiovascular risk advice leaflet
Social Services/ Advice Links
Mental Health Links
- IAPT - For SELF REFERRAL to local counselling service
Refugees/ Asylum Seekers Links
Health Promotion/ Screening Links
- www.nlcn.nhs.uk - North London Cancer network - information on all local cancer serivices
- www.nlbss.org.uk - North London Breast Screening Service
- You will be invited for breast screening at St Ann’s but can request screening at Finchley Memorial Hospital if easier - just ring the number on the invite letter. As part of the age extension programme our surgery has been included in the upper age range arm for randomisation (71 – 73). From June 2011, the age range of women invited was extended to include some 47 to 49 year old women and some 71 to 73 year old women, as part of the age extension, recommended by the Cancer Reform Strategy (2007)
Travel and Infectious Disease Links
- www.hpa.org.uk - information on infectious disease and chemical exposure
Carers/ Diasbility Links
Women’s Health Links
Sexual Health Links
Children and Young People Links
- www.openingdoorslondon.org.uk - Befriending service for people aged over 50 who have limited social network and would like to reconnect to the LGBT community.
- www.galop.org.uk - support for those who have suffered hate crime, sexual violence or domestic abuse
Alcohol information and advice
- http://www.al-anonuk.org.uk/ Al-Anon Family Groups provide support to anyone whose life is, or has been, affected by someone else’s drinking, regardless of whether that person is still drinking or not.
Stop Smoking Links